2015 has been a busy year for talks and conferences! It’s been amazing getting to interact with a range of audiences. I have several talks coming up, so please check back here or follow me on Twitter for the latest news about these presentations!
- “Waiting for Word: The Emotional Experience of Waiting in Mobile Media Culture,” with Joseph Meyer. Society of Cinema and Media Studies forthcoming in Atlanta in March 2016.
- “The Life Cycle of a Mobile Phone: Material Cultures of Manufacturing and Consumption,” with Adriana De Souza e Silva and Daniela de Cunto Bueno. Association of Internet Researchers, Phoenix, October 2015.
- “Stories, Bodies, Spaces: Digital Narrative and Social Justice,” Social Media and Technology Conference, Howard University, October 2015.
- “Material Realities of Mobile Internet Culture: Production, Consumption, and E-Waste,” Theorizing the Web, New York, April 2015.
- “Mobile, Networked, Hands-On: Theorizing and Practicing ‘Applied’ Media Studies,” Society of Cinema and Media Studies, Montreal, March 2015.
I’ll also be presenting on the history of technology and media to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History this November.